Sunday, September 8, 2013

Early to Bed?

Normally each morning, we milk the cows and goat before the sun comes up, so I don't get to see the sun coming up in the East.  This morning we headed out at around 6:30 and the sun was peeking up over the horizon.  Big Boy was still sleeping.  He is absolutely filthy.  He likes to dig holes and lay in the cool dirt.

Good Morning Big Boy
After I milk Daisy I walk out in the pasture and feed the pullets and push the chicken tractor one length so that they can be on fresh grass.  The sun was up a little higher by then.  Morning times are just beautiful to me.  The morning is always so fresh with dew on the ground and the promise ahead of another day.

Good Morning, Everyone!
Then I make sure that all the animals have fresh, clean water to start the day.  It actually rained here yesterday.  We got 1.2 inches and I checked my records to find that the last day that it rained more than an inch was June 3rd - three entire months ago!  I get the drinking water from rain that I catch off the roof in containers.  I like the way that the clouds were reflected in this rain barrel.

Cotton ball clouds
On normal Saturdays, we get a later start than on weekdays.  Today was a little different.  We were going to Baton Rouge to see our two college kids and bring them stuff that they asked for.  We brought them an ice chest full of fresh goat milk.  It made me laugh as I walked across campus with an ice chest full of quart jars of goat milk to bring to Russ and Laura Lee.  Since it was game day today, most of the ice chests we saw on campus today were filled with other type beverages.

Speaking of game day, here's a nice shot of Coach Les Miles getting off the team bus today.

Geaux get 'em, Coach!
We didn't have tickets, but a few minutes before kickoff, Benjamin and I were able to buy a pair of tickets from a nice gentleman for half price.  We ended up having a good time and watched a high scoring game.

Geaux Tigahs!
There is an old saying that says, "Early to bed, Early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise."  We didn't abide by those suggestions today as we got home after midnight.  As we got out of the vehicle, we could hear Nellie, saying, "Baaaaaa....  Baaaaaaaa"  Which translated in English means, "Come milk me.  Now!"  That's done now, so we're going to bed.  Good Night, All.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...