Friday, July 27, 2012

First post on our family's new blog

Well, here we go...  I have wanted to begin blogging for a while now and decided to go ahead and begin today.  I'll first start with introductions.  We're a family of five that live in South Louisiana that seeks to serve Christ in all we do.  We try to produce nutrient dense foods for our family's consumption and love learning about traditional means of farming and self sufficiency.  It is truly a rewarding thing to sit down at a meal knowing that everything was produced on our 5 acres. 

My beautiful wife is a stay-at-home mom.   This is an amazing woman!  You'll get to know her better later.   We have 3 wonderful kids.  Older daughter will be starting LSU this fall after attending Leader's Academy in Hot Springs, Arkansas for 10 months.  Middle son will be a senior in high school and youngest son will begin 6th grade.




We have a couple of Jersey milk cows named Daisy and Rosie that we milk each morning along with a dairy heifer, named Magnolia "Maggie Mae" and dairy bull, Stryker.  The new addition that the boys are pictured with above is Blackberry.  She is an angus heifer that was orphaned by her mama at the farm and Daisy adopted her.  She's growing quickly on that rich milk.  We also have around 60 laying hens from which we gather wonderful eggs each day.

We hope you'll drop in and visit our humble postings as we share what's going on on our little farm.


4 comments:

  1. I just love reading your blog. It's always inspiring and educational, and sometimes funny. Your stories about your animals and family and insights are always uplifting. Thanks so much for doing this. I just LOVED the photo in today's blog (April 27) of the dragonfly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carol! I appreciate the feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I have no idea if you will get this. I have subscribed to your blog for years but suddenly it's being sent to my spam folder. I checked with my (local) ISP and they said it doesn't come through their server. I wanted to subscribe with a different email but can't find the link to do this. Nov. 2, 2021

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Good Evening. That is certainly strange that it is going into your spam folder. I'm not very good with computer stuff. I wonder if you go to the top right hand corner of the blog under Followers and hit the Follow button, if that would allow you to subscribe with a different email. Please try that and see if it works. Let me know if not, and I can research on my end. Thanks for reading! It is an honor that you would read our humble blog. God Bless You.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...