Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Independence Day

Happy Independence Day, Fellow Americans.  May God Bless America!

The boys came over and Tricia and I barbecued chicken, sausage, hamburgers, and grilled vegetables from the garden.  We had homemade vanilla ice cream served over warm blueberry cobbler.  It was delicious.  We hope you enjoyed your time with family as well.

I have been on a Paul Harvey kick lately, going back and listening to him speak.  He was a real treasure.  On Independence Day, I wanted to attach a video for you to watch about the signers of the Declaration of Independence.  I learned something about them and it made me respect them even more than I already did.

What GREAT men!  Not perfect men, but great men nonetheless.  There has only been one perfect man that walked this earth.  I strongly feel it is unfair to judge people in the past by standards of the present.  We have evolved in our thinking.  We have corrected past wrongs.  There is such a thing as learning from past mistakes and, yes, redemption.

Our founders were great men.  Men who risked it all.  I think you'll find this 9 minute video from Paul Harvey worth the time:

They mutually pledged their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor.  Because of that, we enjoy freedom.  May God Bless America and may freedom continue to ring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...