Friday, January 1, 2021

2021 - Happy New Year from Our Maker's Acres Family Farm

 

The Sonnier's

As year 2020 fades behind us, I say, "Good Riddance!"  What a year it was!  From Covid-19, to civil unrest across the Country, to two hurricanes, to political uncertainty...  And I could go on.  Lots of what I mentioned in the previous sentence lingers on and will hitch a ride right on into 2021.  As always a new year brings with it great expectations and hope for better times.  It is good to be hopeful.

I read a quote by Pilot "Sully" Sullenberger that said, "In so many areas of life, you need to be a long-term optimist but a short-term realist." How true that is.  We wish things to be so, but that doesn't mean that they are.  Positive thinking is great, but you must be a realist to be able to function in this life and have the 'tools in your tool bag' to navigate through this cursed world.  It's not easy.

As we venture into the new year, uncertainty confronts us.  How will we cope?  I wish you peace and joy, health and prosperity, but most of all I pray that you know Jesus.  He is the Messiah, our Savior, The Blessed Hope, Our Redeemer, and in knowing Him, you can be optimistic long term.  He lived, died, and rose again to give us eternal life.  He defeated sin and the grave.  Believe in Him!  Receive His free gift of eternal life.  The worries of today and this New Year will still be here, but you'll have hope to face the future and He'll give you peace that only He can give.

I'm not good at New Year's Resolutions - a month in (sometimes less) and I've already broken them.  My grandmother used to tell me "my eyes were too big for my stomach."  In resolutions I usually bite off more than I can chew.  A friend shared this quote with me and, although not necessarily a resolution, it is definitely some good things to shoot for:

"Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, to all the souls you can, in every place you can, at all the times you can, with all the zeal you can, as long as ever you can." -John Wesley

Happy New Year to you!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...