Thursday, November 23, 2017

Thank You, Lord, For Your Blessings On Me

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.  It is a time where we don't get distracted by other things and we concentrate on giving thanks to God for the blessings in our lives.  We always sit around the table and go around one by one and count our blessings.  It is a matter of perspective.  When we focus on our disappointments, areas of lack, and wants, it is easy to get discouraged.  However, when we focus on all that we have, we realize how fortunate we are and how much God has blessed us.

Image Credit
This past Sunday in church we sang a song that very simply sums up Thanksgiving to me.  Here are the lyrics:

While the world looks upon me, as I struggle alone
They say I have nothing, but they are so wrong
In my heart I'm rejoicing, how I wish they could see
Thank you Lord, for your blessings on me

There's a roof up above me
I've a good place to sleep
There's food on my table
And shoes on my feet
You gave me your love Lord
And a fine family
Thank you Lord, for your blessings on me

I know I'm not wealthy, and these clothes, they're not new
I don't have much money, but Lord I have you
That's all that matters, though the world may not see
Thank you Lord, for your blessings on me

There's a roof up above me
I've a good place to sleep
There's food on my table
And shoes on my feet
You gave me your love Lord
And a fine family
Thank you Lord, for your blessings on me

My non-exhaustive list of things I'm thankful for:
1. My Almighty God and the salvation He gave me through the Blood of His Son, Jesus Christ,
2. My loving and supportive family, (wife, kids, mother, father, brother, sister, etc.)
3. Being raised in a loving, Christian home by a loving mother and father,
4. Living in a great Country,
5. A church and church family that stands on the Solid Rock and unashamedly preaches the Gospel,
6. Family and Friends that pray for me each day,
7. Health,
8. A comfortable home,
9. Plenty of good food and never having to go to bed hungry,
10. Freedoms afforded me by the Constitution and Bill of Rights,
11. Military men and women that made sacrifices so that I can enjoy that blanket of freedom,
I could go on and on and on, but it is getting late.

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...