Thursday, May 4, 2017

Power Is Out Once Again

We've had more wind and rain and severe weather and the power went out once again last night as I was about to post.  Another 6.5 inches in the rain gauge and that follows 5 inches from this past weekend.  Note to self:  I need to get a bigger rain gauge, because the capacity of mine is 5 inches. When we get more than that overnight, I don't have a way of charting accurate rainfall totals. There was lots of hail in the area, but fortunately we were spared.  It would have decimated the garden.  One thing I'm a little concerned about is our rows of potatoes.  They are ready to dig, but are currently sitting in mud!  Priority #1 is harvesting them this weekend before they start to rot in the ground.

I will be posting again as soon as the weather clears.  Stay safe everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...