Sunday, July 7, 2024

The Art Barn

When I'm driving out and about, I like observing things off the beaten path.  I love Americana or things that have Southern charm, unique architecture, or country style.  A lot of country folk are confident in who they are, regardless of the fact that most of the coastal elites look way down their noses at us.  We may be a little different, but we've learned to lean in to it and embrace it.

I see lots of patriotism.  American flags are displayed all over the countryside.  People love the red, white and blue.  On Louisiana Highway 26, heading north between Hathaway and Elton, something changed, and it caught my eye.  I did a double take and pulled to the side of the road.  There is a barn just west of the road that I had blogged about back in 2018.  This barn had a big rooster painted on the western side of it.  Well, now the painting has been updated.

If you are thinking that it now has "See Rock City" painted on it, well, that is a really good guess, but that isn't on the barn.  The rooster that was previously on the barn is out and has been replaced with a huge painting of Old Glory!  The painter did a remarkable job on the mural.


You have to admire the artistic flair and craftsmanship.  That took thought and follow-through to get out there and get that done.  I have a hard enough time painting my barn red.  It either needs to be pressure washed or another coat of paint, but that isn't even on my radar.  This gentleman here loves his country.  He loves freedom and what our country stands for.

May God bless the USA and Americans that value freedom, justice, and Godly principles on which she was founded.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...