Thursday, June 24, 2021

Serpents in the Garden

One afternoon last week I was in the backyard after filling the cattle trough with water.  I stood there admiring Tricia's rose bushes.  The pink ones are putting on a show.  So pretty!  As I was standing there looking at them, something else caught my eye.  Can you see it?


I'll give you a hint:

Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?  Genesis 3:1

See it now?

No, this wasn't a talking snake.  Or at least I didn't stick around to find out!!  This is a Blue Racer snake and it is called this because they can slither up to 4 miles per hour!  They grow up to 36-60 inches long.  Blue Racers eat small mammals and other snakes, so I left it alone, unharmed.  He can eat all the small mammals and snakes he wants around our house.  Tricia wasn't excited about this decision; however, I justified it in the confident knowledge that Tricia could run faster than 4 mph if this snake was chasing her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...