Wednesday, May 26, 2021

A New Twist on Meatloaf and Mac 'n Cheese

I was fortunate enough to get a Weber Smokey Mountain Smoker for Christmas.  We've been playing around with different recipes.  I am a novice at smoking meat, and it is a learning experience (and experiment), but we're enjoying it.  After smoking a brisket, we decided to try something different - Smoked Meatloaf and Smoked Macaroni and Cheese.  I have been learning and getting recipes from Smoking-Meat.com.

The meatloaf was different from the start in that you laid out all the ground meat, seasonings, cheese, onions, and peppers flat on a pan and then proceeded to roll the meatloaf up.

Then you mold it into a loaf comme ça.

I got a charcoal fire going in the base of the smoker and earlier, I had gathered a bunch of pecan wood that had fallen from our trees.  I cut that into chunks and used pecan as the wood for smoking.  The meatloaf smokes for longer and goes on the bottom rack.  All you have to do is keep the temperature between 200 and 250, by checking the thermometer on the lid regularly and adjusting the vents, adding wood as needed. 

It started smelling good!  I had the cows eating in the yard.  I felt badly.  I think Rosie smelled it, too.  This was not soy or vegetable protein.  No sir, 100% beef - raised on that pasture right there.

The macaroni and cheese goes on the top rack.  It doesn't smoke for as long as the meatloaf.

Time to put the lid on and smoke.


After three hours and 45 minutes the meatloaf was looking real nice.

We cut into the meatloaf and observed a nice smoke ring.  The smoked macaroni and cheese was smoky and cheesy!

It was delicious.  I enjoyed it with a cold glass of smoked milk.  Just joking, of course.  We can't wait to try out some other recipes on the smoker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...