Sunday, June 14, 2020

And Just Like That... She's Back!

I had mentioned last week that our cat, Ginger, mysteriously disappeared.  Tricia had called me at work to tell me that Ginger had been missing since the afternoon before.  She missed supper and breakfast and was no where to be found.  She had never done that before.  She is an outside cat that hunts, but she also comes inside from time to time and is never far from home.

After two days we were more than concerned.  She was a family pet, but mostly was Benjamin's cat.  We have the worst luck with pets!  I went to a feed store in Sulphur, LA to get my solar powered electric fence charger worked on and noticed a hand-written sign announcing "Free Kittens."  I made a mental note to go back to the feed store, call the number and have them text me photos of the kittens.  However, Tricia mentioned, "How can we ever replace Ginger?  She was the perfect cat."

Well....  I got a text at work from Tricia in all caps saying, "GINGER IS BACK."  She just mysteriously showed up like nothing was wrong two days later.


What in the devil happened?  Where did she go?  Well, we'll never know since cats can't talk.  We do know she has a large cut next to her left eye.  She is acting real quiet and mainly naps all day.  She was initially having a difficult time hopping up on anything, so we assume she's sore.  But by Sunday afternoon, she had jumped on top of my car and was napping.


If I had to guess, I'd say she got into a scuffle with a raccoon, a possum, a dog, or other wild animal.  She probably got beaten and climbed up into a tree to nurse her wounds and escape her adversary.  Once the coast was clear, she returned home.


So everyone is happy and all is right with the world.  Well, at least at Our Maker's Acres Family Farm.  I trust you all had a nice weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...