Monday, May 11, 2020

A Day for Moms

“Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: ‘Many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all.’” – Proverbs 31:28-31

Sunday was Mother's Day - a great day to honor our Moms.  God created the perfect day for it with beautiful skies, gorgeous weather, and cool, comfortable weather.  We had church again outside and then rushed home to begin preparing the meal.  Here is my beautiful wife and mother of my children enjoying together time with the other men in her life.

Tricia and her boys (Russ on the left, Benjamin on the right)
The menu for the day was barbecued chicken and smoked sausage po-boys with sides of dirty rice, fresh green beans and squash, onions with sauteed mushrooms.  They were all cooked on the fire pit in the back yard. 


We honored three mothers - Tricia, my Mom, and Jenny, my sister.  They are all great Moms, for sure.  We spent the whole afternoon visiting, laughing, telling stories and remembering funny things from the past.  It is always fun to get together and just enjoy each other's company.

Patricia, My mom, and Jenny
Here is a photo of my mom and me!

My Mom and Me
Whether it is your mom or the mother of your children, I truly am blessed to have such amazing women in my life, and I am so thankful to God for His benevolence in allowing me to be associated with mothers of this quality.  Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...