Monday, June 4, 2018

A Fresh Garden Lunch

I'm picking a 2 gallon bucket of tomatoes every afternoon, trying really hard to stay ahead of the miserable stink bugs.  I wish Noah would have stomped on the two stink bugs when they boarded the ark.  When I bring them inside, I place them on platters on the island and let them finish ripening.  When they hit perfection, we eat them.  I'll show some of the other ways we use the tomatoes later this week.  We grow numerous varieties of heirloom tomatoes, so there is a wide assortment of shapes, sizes, and colors.


On Saturday Tricia decided to make BLT's for lunch.  She checked with me to see if it would be okay since for some strange reason, I cannot make myself enjoy eating raw tomatoes.   Each year I try.  She sliced big slabs of tomatoes that resembled steaks and got everything ready.

BLT - Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomatoes
I put a lot of Creole mustard on the bottom slice of bread and began assembling the ingredients to build the perfect sandwich.  A little yellow mustard on the top slice of bread and some salt and pepper to top it off.


I still don't like raw tomatoes by themselves, BUT this sandwich was just doggone good!  So simple and yet so delicious.  We'll eat more of these before the tomato crop comes to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...