Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Jambalaya, Crawfish Pie, File' Gumbo

I drove home after work and into the driveway to a downpour of rain.  More rain. Unbearably muggy and mosquitoes swarming like nothing you've ever seen.  Mud knee deep by the barn.  Gardening or working outside with the animals is out today. Bummer!

As I opened the back door and entered the house, a pleasing aroma lifted my spirits a bit. Tricia was humming, "Jambalaya, Crawfish Pie, File' Gumbo..."  Yep, you guessed it.  She made Crawfish Pie with the crawfish tail meat leftover from our crawfish boil that I blogged about BACK IN THIS POST.l

At the end of Russ' Crawfish Boil, we peeled the remaining crawfish tail meat that we couldn't eat and froze it.  Tricia made a delicious crawfish pie with a homemade crust. The recipe she used didn't call for a top crust, but she added it, knowing my preference.


Normally, I like to get in and change out of my work clothes, put on some comfortable "play" clothes and head out to do chores and garden or whatever else I find to do prior to coming in to eat supper.  Today, however, we ate early!  I couldn't wait to serve a plate (and then another and another!)

Here is a zoomed in photo where you can make out some of the crawfish tails if you look closely.  It was seasoned to perfection and the crust was flaky and delicious.


Normally, I complain a bit when I get rained out.  Not today.  Not with a hot crawfish pie coming out of the oven!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...