Monday, June 5, 2017

Leavin' On A Jet Plane...

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go, I'm standing here outside your door...

The year I was born (1966), John Denver wrote a song that was later sung by the trio Peter, Paul, and Mary and was a big hit.  The song, of course, was "Leavin' on a jet plane."  This past weekend our oldest daughter, Laura Lee, left on a jet plane en route to Capetown, South Africa, where she'll spend the summer on a mission trip with a group from her church.

Tricia and I drove her to Dallas where she boarded a British Airways flight that (much later) landed in London at Heathrow airport.  The next day she boarded another long flight to Johannesburg and then another to Capetown.  We kept track of all the flights on the flight tracking site, FlightAware.

Here we are in the airport waiting for another member of her group.  We made it to the airport after making only a few wrong turns.  We joked around, saying, "Maw & Paw come to the city!" Laura is actually joining the rest of the group a little late. Since she is a teacher, she couldn't leave until her school let out for the summer.


Laura met up with one of the members of her group, checked her two bags, and got ready to board.



She'll be coming back in mid to late July, so that she'll have a couple of days to get over jet lag before she has to report back to school to get ready for a new class of third graders to teach.


We told her goodbye and put her in God's hands.

So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you'll wait for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go
'Cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again
Oh babe, I hate to go

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...