Friday, February 6, 2015

Carrots of Love

This will be my last post on carrots for a while, I promise.  In yesterday's post I talked about some odd shapes that our carrots grow in.  Because I don't thin my carrots out, they grow close together. The close proximity to one another causes them to grow in odd angles and sometimes they intertwine in interesting angles and grow in funny shapes.

This is my favorite one.  I call it the Love Carrots.  They are a couple of Cosmic Purple carrots that I pulled up last year or the year before and I saved the picture.  It looks like a couple snuggling.

Carrots of Love
As if not to be outdone by their purple brethren, a couple of pairs of carrots were pulled up from the carrot bed in similar fashion this year.  There's just so much love in our garden.  It's getting close to Valentine's Day, you know?  It's almost as if a Barry White song should be playing in the background.

Love is in the air (and ground!)
Unlike the purple carrots, these were almost growing together to form one carrot, but I popped them apart so I could clean the dirt in the nooks and crannies before we ate them.

Breaking up is hard to do...
I just couldn't keep the happy couple separated, though...

Love, Love will keep us together
Here's the carrots from yesterday, in case you missed them.  On the bottom of the chopper is a carrot that looks just like someone with some purple pants on.  The carrot on the top right looks like someone's leg, bent at the knee.


Here's one that I call "The lady carrying the baby" carrot.  She has one arm and the baby is tucked underneath the arm like she's taking good care of her baby.

Baby Carrot
You can see how lovingly she has her baby tucked underneath her arm, so as not to drop her.


And finally, we have the "Fat man in tight purple pants" carrot.  He looks like he's walking as he has his right leg out.  He has rolls of fat on his legs, so it's a good thing he's exercising.

He needs to go up a size or two in those tight pants
All right.  That's enough foolishness.  We'll stop looking at them and start eating them!  Some of them might look funny, but they taste delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...