Saturday, July 5, 2014

Happy Fourth of July

It is 12:01 am as I listen to fireworks still filling the night sky with sound and color. The Fourth of July.  The day we fly old Glory and think about Freedom.  We are about to lay our heads down on our pillows and sleep a restful night after spending a lazy afternoon eating barbecue, watermelon and brownies while the kids ran around with water balloons.  Before I go to bed, I want to give thanks to God for America. 

I love my country.  We have been blessed beyond measure and I count myself blessed to be born and live here.  It is not a perfect place, oh far from it, and I probably spend too much time lamenting over where I think we've gotten away from our spiritual and moral moorings, but I love freedom and the very fact that we can have differences with the way we're governed and we can speak out without fearing being locked up is a proof that we still have freedom. 

Image Credit
I pray for my Country and my Country's leaders and pray for a return to faith and morals, to honesty and integrity, to Truth and to justice.

Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD.  Psalm 33:12a

"We have no government, armed with power, capable of contending with human passions, unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."  John Adams (second President of the United States)

God Bless America                          

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...