Monday, December 2, 2013

Movember 2013

This post has absolutely nothing to do with Biblical Agrarianism or agriculture.  In fact it is downright silly, but I wanted to preserve the photos since this only occurs once a year.  Each year in the month of November, we have a promotion of sorts to bring attention to 'men's issues.'  We're asked to not shave for the month of November and on the final day of the month, submit our entries for the winning mustache.  I guess if you wanted to get technical about it, it is about growing something - just a different type of crop.

I absolutely hate to shave so I look forward to November.  Here is how I looked on November 30th.  Tricia really didn't mind how it looked, but she did tell me that kissing me felt like "kissing a cactus!"  I had to attend our corporate office in Houston for a training class and a co-worker told me after seeing me at first that he thought that a homeless guy had wandered into the building.  At that comment and seeing a possible revenue enhancing opportunity, I asked if he could spare a couple of bucks, but he wasn't feeling very philanthropic apparently.
Will work for food
So I decided to have a little fun on the last day of the month, and first shaved off everything except the mustache and goatee.  The white in the beard is probably powdered sugar.  It certainly can't be gray hair!


Then I did an attempt at a Fu Manchu or biker mustache: (scary)


Finally, I shaved off all but the mustache.




Then a pencil-thin mustache:

What's that dirt on your upper lip, Kyle?
I look like a villain, don't I?  Tricia said I should leave it and attend church like this, but I decided to go clean shaven for the first time in a month as I didn't want to be villainous at church.

The villain
Clean shaven once again!  


Since today's post was pretty CHEESY, tomorrow maybe I'll post on our latest project, MAKING CHEESE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...