Sunday, February 25, 2024

A New Bicycle For Tricia

Now that the weather is getting nicer, it's time to get outdoors and start getting busy.  The garden is ready to be planted and lots of projects are begging for our attention.  One of the things on our wish list has been to get bicycles.  As more sand goes through the hourglass, it is important to stay active.  We began looking for bikes.  Tricia was interested in a 'beach cruiser' and I was looking for some sort of a mountain bike even though we are miles and miles from any mountain. 

My job takes me through several cities that have pawn shops.  I check out the bikes that are out on their racks out front.  Most that I saw were in disrepair.  I began shopping on the internet and man, bicycles are expensive!  The bicycles we would be interested in start at $250.  No thank you.  Tricia has Facebook Marketplace.  I'm not a FB person, but she began to search there.  In no time at all she found a Beach Cruiser for $100 only 30 miles away.  The call was made and I met the seller in a Walgreens parking lot and loaded the bicycle in the back of the car and brought it home.  Tricia was very happy with her purchase!  


The frame is a vintage turquoise color, I guess you'd call it, with cream-colored fenders.  It has a big basket on front and a rack with a nice bag on back with a bicycle lock it in.  

A couple days after she made this purchase, she found a Mongoose Excursion mountain bike for me on FB marketplace for only $70.  What a bargain!  We drove about an hour away to pick the mountain bike up.  Both bikes were in great shape and way better than buying a new one.  We've been riding several times already.

I'm thinking about purchasing a flashing LED light for safety to put on the back of both of them, and I joked with Tricia that I would buy a horn for her bike.  I took a photo of Tricia as she was riding her bike down the driveway.  It reminded me of something, but I couldn't, for the life of me, put my finger on what it reminds me of.

Oh yeah, now I remember...

I didn't just do that, did I?  Someone must have hacked into the Our Maker's Acres Family Farm account.  Perhaps?  Maybe I should just own up to it.  We've been enjoying bike riding together.  I'd hate to be forced to ride alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...