Thursday, September 1, 2022

Low Tech Redneck

Other than this blog, I don't do much technology-wise, except for computer work for my job.  I'm not on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikToc or any other social media.  I was on LinkedIn for a while for professional networking, but at some point it turned political and I turned off the notifications on my email and deleted the app from my phone.

Routines are important, I think.  Although it is exciting to be spontaneous, having something you do everyday like clockwork are vital.  Prayer, Bible reading, conversation - all good ways to start each day.  After that, at about 7 AM, I hit the road.  I work all morning on the road in a four Parish area.  Around noon I come home, take a lunch break with Tricia and then sit in front of the computer from 1 until about 4:30.

After lunch, we make coffee.  We sit down in the sunroom and get out my old Android personal cell phone.  Every single day we play Wordle.  Wordle is a free app, if you don't play, that shoots out one puzzle per day for folks to solve.

Wordle is a simple puzzle for simple people.  I like to think it keeps your mind sharp, but my mind has never been very sharp in the first place.  It goes like this.  You have six chances to guess the word of the day.  The word is a five letter word.  Letters are not supposed to repeat, although for some reason they do from time to time.  

Tricia always like to start with the word "ARISE," because it has three vowels and two popular consonants.  If none of the letters are in the word, the squares will be black.  If the letter is in the word, but in the wrong place, it will be orange.  If the letter is in the right place, it will be green.  The keyboard at the bottom alerts you to letters you have already used versus letters unused.

For our first word today, Tricia went with her old standby, "ARISE."  You'll see NONE of the letters were in the word.  She knew she needed an "O" and a "U" so she guessed a five letter word with an O and a U than did not contain an R or an S.  She guessed CLOUD.  And what do you know?  She was Right!  Solved the Wordle puzzle in two tries!

We high-fived each other in the sunroom.  She was happy.  I was a little unhappy since I didn't even participate...  It keeps statistics.  We have a running streak of 147 solves.  For the life of me, I can't understand how we can have a 105 win percent?  But you can see we have guessed the word in the second try only 9 times.  Most of the time we solve it on the fourth try.  Wouldn't it be crazy to guess the word right the first time?

We're simple folks that enjoy simple pleasures of life - a good cup of coffee and a Wordle game.  Now it's back to work and then later in the afternoon, we'll gather eggs, harvest some produce from the garden, feed the animals, walk together and then go to bed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...