Sunday, April 19, 2020

Practicing Social Distancing

"You just call out my name, and you know wherever I am I'll come running to see you again,
Winter, Spring, Summer, or Fall, hey now, all you have to do is call and I'll be there yeah, yeah, you've got a friend." - James Taylor
I spent a little time in the garden today checking out the okra seedlings that are just popping up above the surface of the soil.  The green beans are all blooming and we'll be picking fresh snap beans shortly.  The sugar snap peas are finishing up and I'm now saving seed to replant this fall.  The tomatoes are blooming like crazy and we're hoping to have a good crop this year.  Last year was a dismal one.

As I closed the garden gate and walked over the bridge, something caught my eye.  In my peripheral vision I saw movement where there shouldn't have been, high up in the fork of a tree.


Why, it's Ginger, our cat.  She wants to be a house cat, I think, and sometimes Benjamin brings her indoors, but she mainly stays outside.  She's brought rats, mice, and birds to us to prove that she is a hunter.  She is pretty independent and bold.  Why is she up in the tree?


Then I follow the gaze of Ginger's eyes and see immediately why she's up in the tree.  Belle, our 3 month old Great Pyrenees puppy was stretched out on the cool concrete by the garage trying her best to have an innocent look on her face.  "What? Me?"  Ginger and Belle haven't exactly warmed up to one another.  I thought that they could be friends.  I think Belle would like to be friends with Ginger, but the feeling isn't mutual.

Or perhaps they're just practicing social distancing from one another?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...