Thursday, June 13, 2019

A Sweet Visit

On Saturday a dear friend I worked with at a former place of employment came to visit us.  Our offices were right next door to each other.  She had learned about our momma goats giving birth to twins and triplets and wanted to bring her grand-daughter to see the babies.  We had a real nice visit and caught up with what's been going on.  Well, being a true Southern lady, she didn't come visit empty handed.  She and her grand-daughter made a delicious cheesecake for us to enjoy.

It was not an ordinary cheesecake.  They spent a lot of time making it, and it was perfect!  It was topped with raspberries, blueberries, strawberries and drizzled with homemade lemon curd.  A little later that afternoon, Tricia and I put on a pot of coffee and got out the nice china. 


Would you look at this thing of beauty?  My blood sugar is spiking just looking at the photo.


Not only was it nice to look at, but it was delicious.  I tried to make it last while sharing it with Tricia, but in no time at all, it was reduced to just a few more bites.  I tried to ration it, but try as I might, I couldn't make it last and soon, the plate was empty.


That's the sad thing about visits and desserts, they're over before you know it.  I'll leave you with a couple of my favorite dessert quotes:

Erma Bombeck
"Seize the moment. Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart."

Linda Grayson
"There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate." (or cheesecake)*(my addition to her quote)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...