Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy New Year! 2018

Here's wishing everyone a happy, healthy, and prosperous New Year!

Image Credit

As I was thinking about the New Year, I do look ahead and have goals set for the new year.  However, I admit I look back and have many regrets of goals not achieved, relationships not restored, desires not met, health issues not resolved, prayers not (yet) answered.  I wish I would have done many things differently.  Not that it was necessarily bad, but I wish 2017 would have been better.  Life is too short to waste time and energy dwelling on regrets.  I am reminded by the letter of the Apostle Paul the the church at Philippi that I should forget the past and look forward!  There is a much better goal or resolution - that is to press on, move forward for the upward call of God in Christ Jesus and that is what I'll strive to do.
Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus. Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.    Philippians 3:12-14
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...