Sunday, July 16, 2017

Why We Were Silent Last Week... (Part I)

I want to tell a story to testify as to God's Goodness to us.  I'll likely get to that in Part II tomorrow.  It all started two Wednesdays ago when my bride had a fever and felt miserable.  Tricia is not one to take medicine.  She always feels like the body can heal itself and that fever is a mechanism that the body uses to fight infection.  The problem that we ran into was that her fever persisted Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  On Sunday afternoon, I took my wife to our local ER where they ran tests.  The tests all came out negative and they informed us that it was likely a virus and it should be at the tail end of the illness.

Well, by Wednesday, things weren't better.  Still running fever.  Still feeling lousy. She went to our local doctor Wednesday at noon and he promptly admitted her to the local hospital.  Many tests were run.  One thing that was concerning was a rash, coupled with high fever, coupled with some odd cells being produced by Tricia's bone marrow.  Our doctor ran a test to check for leukemia.

On Friday at noon, the fever was still there and suddenly, she was having difficulty breathing and a chest x-ray showed a build-up of inflammation in here lungs.  Our doctor told us that this new development necessitated the transport of Tricia to the ICU of a hospital in Lake Charles within the hour since the hospital had a pulmonologist and an infectious disease department. 

We got settled in at the ICU and the doctors interviewed Tricia and I, trying to get down to the bottom of the fever.  They ran test after test.   They began treating Tricia with IVs of a number of different antibiotics; however, the fever never went away and actually things began to worsen.  I began getting "the look" from doctors & nurses that my wife was a "very sick lady."


Tomorrow I'll pick back up where I left off today.  By the way, the story gets better.  Tune in tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...