Sunday, March 13, 2016

So We Fired up the Lawnmowers This Weekend

Spring has arrived a little earlier than usual this year with warmer temperatures and grass growing.  The next door neighbors have already mowed their yard twice, and I've heard the droning of the other neighbors' lawn mowers cutting the winter grass and clover that covers their yards.  I've put it off long enough, I know.  The yard looks unkempt.  It's time to get out the lawnmowers.

A lot of clover and winter grass in the yard (The 'Before' Shot)
I went and got the lawnmowers and kicked the tires, made sure that their fluid levels were good.  Then I cranked them up and starting cutting grass.  First one mower...

Cutting clover
Then the second mower got started cutting right in line behind the first one.  In one way I suppose you could say these lawnmowers run on "green" energy, on the other hand, they aren't exactly 'zero emissions."  Once they were finished, they left their emissions all over the yard!  That's okay.  The emissions will actually make the lawn healthier.

Two mowers doin' work.
The mowers don't require a driver.  I could go and do other stuff while the yard was being mowed.  Although I supervised the landscaping crew from a distance, my solar powered electric fence kept the lawnmowers from leaving the work site.

Solar fence charger
By the end of the afternoon, the yard was neatly manicured.  I put the lawnmowers away and refueled them and topped off their fluids.  If you want your lawnmowers to last, you have to take care of them and ensure that routine maintenance is done to preserve their life.

The 'After' Shot
We're expecting temperatures in the low 80's this week, so the grass will begin growing quicker.  It's a good thing we have some eager lawnmowers ready to cut grass at a moment's notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...