Friday, November 16, 2012

A Disappearing Act

Proverbs 14:4 says, "Where there are no oxen, the stalls are clean, and the abundance of crops is by the power of the ox.

Action steps: 1) Devour hay, 2) Poop, and 3) Lay
That Bible verse is kinda funny if you think about it, huh?  Yeah, you don't have to worry about cow poop and mess and working and cleaning up after cows if you don't have them, BUT you miss out on the milk and other dairy products and the experiences associated with having them.  In a non-agricultural context, we can live sheltered, safe, antiseptic lives if we don't truly get out there and live, right?  Interacting with people, taking risks, putting yourself out there is part of what living is all about.  The old risk - reward ratio, right?

Amazing how fast they are making the hay disappear.  We just rolled the bale out Saturday morning.  The cows are making quick work of the hay and making me wonder if I have enough stored away for the next several months...  I still have the sacrifice pasture.  I'll show that to you tomorrow.

Benjamin called to me, "Dad, you gotta come see this!"  So I came running.  "What's up, man!" I said.  "Look Dad!!  There is a leaf floating in the air!"  Check it out.  Actually a single strand of a spider's web caught a pecan leaf as it was falling and the leaf was suspended, dangling in mid air like magic.


Gravity defying leaf
Here is another close-up shot of the leaf.   I think we have good weather in store for this weekend.  We have a full agenda of pecan picking, football watching, and duck hunting planned.  Sounds like a winner to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...